The benefits of vitamin C in skincare
Vitamin C is one of the better-known skincare antioxidants, and is hailed as a hero ingredient - but what do antioxidants do for your skin exactly? One of the major benefits of antioxidants is their ability to help protect the skin from free radicals which are caused by external aggressors such as pollution and UV radiation, which can harm skin when left unchecked and motivate the breakdown of collagen. While vitamin C is an antioxidant, it has benefits that go beyond those properties.
• If you’re looking for ingredients to promote face brightening skin care, vitamin C is perfect to include in your regimen. The ingredient helps to address dullness and even skin tone.
• Vitamin C can aid in reducing visible signs of ageing like fine lines and can help improve skin texture.
• It can help with reducing post acne marks and hyperpigmentation.
Building a skincare routine with vitamin C
With so many potential benefits, it’s important to know what percentage of vitamin C serum to use and the best way to build it into your skincare routine.
You can use vitamin C alongside some other antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, and certain exfoliating acids. In terms of what not to mix with vitamin C serum, there are some skincare ingredients that don’t pair well. We suggest using retinol at a different time of day to vitamin C. When it comes to how often to use vitamin C serum, generally you’ll see best results from daily use of a serum with a 10-20% concentration of Vitamin C.
• In the AM vitamin C can help protect your skin throughout the day; follow up with sunscreen and vitamin C infused makeup like the Infallible 32HR Freshwear Foundation.
• In the PM take advantage of the long hours of sleep to get the optimal brightening and anti-ageing benefits of vitamin C.
How to use vitamin C serum for oily skin
Vitamin C serums are useful in a skincare routine for oily skin types because they are usually water based, so they don’t add excess oil to your skin. Vitamin C is rich in nutrients that can help support common concerns for people with oily skin, like hydration, redness, and clogged pores. Though you might naturally think a higher concentration vitamin C serum is best for oily skin, it’s important not to overuse any kind of skincare ingredient. Try the Revitalift Vitamin C serum, with a balanced 12% vitamin C concentration and salicylic acid to aid in exfoliation.
Is vitamin C serum good for dry skin?
If you have dry skin, you may want to choose a lower potency vitamin C serum and work your way up to a serum with a higher concentration over time. Revitalift Vitamin C serum offers the full benefits of vitamin C without drying out your skin. It has been carefully formulated to suit all skin types, with vitamin E to help enhance moisturisation and salicylic acid for exfoliation, which is key to help refresh the look of dry skin.
How to use vitamin C serum in men’s skincare
Men’s skincare is important but can often be overlooked. It can be helpful to first start by simplifying the approach to skincare by looking to products with multiple benefits. The Hydra Energetic skincare range is antioxidant rich, combining vitamin C and guarana for cooling, brightening skincare that leaves your complexion looking refreshed. To start out, opt for a simple men’s skincare routine:
• Use the Hydra Energetic Wake Up Boost Wash and pat your face dry.
• Choose your favourite moisturiser from the Hydra Energetic collection and massage into the skin.
• Brighten the under eye area and help diminish dark circles by gently rolling on the Hydra Energetic Cool Eye Roll-On in an upwards motion.
Now you know how to use vitamin C serum to get the best benefits for your skin, find out how to layer skin care products properly.
Skincare tips and tricks