How to Choose Mascara for Your Lashes
Mascara is a key part of any makeup look. Whether you want to add dramatic volume to a full coverage look or opt for a more natural finish, mascara is a must. It can make all the difference to your appearance and tie any look together. Whether you’re after length, volume, curl, or a waterproof formula, there’s a mascara to suit every lash type and need. Continue reading to discover how to choose mascara find your perfect match!
How to pick the right mascara for your lash type
There are a few things to consider when choosing a mascara: brush applicator, benefit, and formula. It’s important to know your lash type to select the right mascara for you:
• Shorter lashes can benefit from a lengthening mascara.
• Sparse lashes need a mascara to add volume.
• Straight lashes call for a mascara that adds curl and volume.
• Sensitive eyes require a mascara with nourishing ingredients.
• Mature/uneven lashes can be prone to breakage, so choose a mascara with natural origin ingredients.
For every-day volume go for a classic black mascara. If you’re looking for an even more intense finish for your lashes, try a darker shade like Lash Paradise Mascara in Intense Black.
For pre-mascara lash care tips, scroll to the end of this article and try using a lash serum and lash primer.
Which L’Oréal Paris mascara is the best for adding length?
What is the best L’Oréal Paris mascara for volume?
*Instrumental test, 24 subjects
Other great volumising mascaras include:
• Pro XXL Volume Mascara gives an instant 3D volume effect and lengthens lashes.
• Volume Million Lashes Mascara is great for a volumised, fanned out lash look.
Which L’Oréal Paris mascara is best for adding curl to lashes?
If you have straight lashes Pro XXL Lift Mascara is the one for you! This curling mascara gives the look of a salon lash lift in two quick and easy steps. First, use the straight brush for up to 17x volume*. Then, use the curved brush for a 20 degree lift effect*. This will give you a lifted lash look lasting up to 24 hours – truly a mascara that holds its curl all day.
*Instrumental test, 27 women
What is the best L’Oréal Paris mascara for sensitive eyes?
Having sensitive eyes can make finding the perfect mascara a challenge. All L’Oréal Paris mascaras are ophthalmologist tested and suitable for sensitive eyes, but our go-to mascaras with nourishing ingredients are:
• Volume Million Lashes Balm Noir Mascara creates a fanned out, full lash look and keeps sensitive eyes calm with its hypoallergenic and vegan formula. It’s made with 99% natural origin ingredients and contains no parabens, silicones or mineral oils.
• Lash Paradise Mascara has an improved, more natural formula free from parabens and alcohol. It’s enriched with floral oil for soft, supple lashes, whilst delivering intense volume and length. The soft-gliding formula and feather soft brush create a pleasant application experience, without any flaking or clumping.
Lash care and mascara application
For the best results, follow the below mascara application guide:
1. Remove your chosen mascara wand from the tube, taking care not to pump the wand in and out as this can result in clumping on the brush and lashes.
2. Place the brush applicator at the root of your eyelashes, at the underside of your top lash line, then move the brush through your lashes from root to tip. Gently wiggle from side to side to evenly coat your lashes.
3. Repeat step two until you’ve achieved your desired look, then carefully apply mascara to bottom lashes - just make sure your brush applicator isn’t overloaded with product.
Loved this article? Learn more of our beauty tips, tricks and secret using L’Oréal Paris products next.
Skincare tips and tricks