Competition Terms & Conditions
Find out more about our competitions, including detailed information about prizes and finish dates.
Find out more about our competitions, including detailed information about prizes and finish dates.
Promotion: Rate & Review Staff Competition
Promoter: L'Oreal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 191 673, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia. Ph: 03 8680 0000
Promotional Period: Start date: 13/03/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 27/03/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Eligible entrants: Entry is only open to VIC residents who are 18 years and over and who are a L’Oreal employee based in either of the following L’Oreal locations: 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004 or 15 Imagine Way, Dandenong VIC 3175.
How to Enter: To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) visit the L’Oreal Paris website at www.lorealparis.com.au;
b) follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and
c) leave a product review on any L’Oreal Paris product (need to include ‘’I work at L’Oreal” at the start of the review, and must use their L’Oreal email address to submit the review).
Entries permitted: Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Total Prize Pool: AUD $250.00
Prize Description: The prize is a $250.00 The Crown gift card.
Number of this prize: 1
Value (per prize): AUD$250.00
Winning Method: Draw: - 30/03/20 at 10:30 am AEDT
• Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
• Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen gift cards will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed. The gift card is redeemable for goods or services (excluding gaming) at participating venues in Australia only. See http://www.crowngifts.com.au/ or call 1300 553 380 for current list of venues available. Not redeemable for cash and cannot be used for payment of credit or retailer accounts. Must be redeemed before expiry date shown on card. Will be void and may not be redeemed after expiry date. Cannot be reloaded. Is partially redeemable. It is up to the winner to use the full value before expiry date. If purchase exceeds available card balance, the winner must make up the difference with an alternative form of payment. The winner is liable for all transactions on their card except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by Crown or any of its employees. Crown reserve the right to change any terms contained in the general terms applicable to the gift card at any time. Check available card balance by calling 1300 553 380. Contact the help desk on 1300 553 380 if you have any reason to believe an error has occurred in relation to the gift card. Gift Card is issued by Crown Melbourne Limited (ABN 46 006 973 262) or Burswood Nominees Limited (ABN 24 078 250 307) atf The Burswood Property Trust. Please check the web site http://www.crowngifts.com.au/ for updates and further information.
Winner notification: The winner will be contacted by using the contact details on file with the Promoter, (includes in writing), within three (3) days of the draw. The winner will be published at www.lorealparis.com.au/ by 06/04/20.
Unclaimed Prizes: Prize must be claimed by 30/04/20 at 10:30 am AEST. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 01/05/20 at 10:30 am AEST at L'Oreal Australia Pty Ltd, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia. The winner of the redraw will be notified by using the contact details on file with the Promoter, (includes in writing), within three (3) days of the redraw. The winner will be published at www.lorealparis.com.au/ by 08/05/20.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
a) The draw will take place at L'Oreal Australia Pty Ltd, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia at 10:30 am AEDT on 30/03/20.
i) The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the prize specified in the Schedule above.
b) The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
5. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
6. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
7. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
8. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
9. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
10. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
12. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winnermay be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
14. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
15. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
16. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
18. All material submitted on entry (e.g. product review(s), photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph. The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
21. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
23. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.